Sunday, March 18, 2012

Snakes, yoga, cats, and Mercury Retrograde


Well, it is Sunday morning.  The house is very quiet.  I am in my studio, looking at my drafting table covered with prints and a mish mash of jewelry findings.  I have a show in about a month and I've got to get my butt in gear.  I know some of you out there follow astrology, so you know we are knee deep in the Mercury Retrograde haze.  For those unfamiliar, it is a period when all sorts of havoc tend to occur.  Lucky for us it only happens 3 times a year, but just as unlucky, it lasts for 3 weeks at a punch.  All sorts of wonderful things can occur, and most have to do with communication breakdown...or breakdowns in general.  My husband is not a big follower of Astrology, but he understands the Retrograde and gets just a freaked about it as I do.  I think I am rubbing off on him.  Most people can expect their computers to have problems, perhaps their cars, or mishaps with what they say or write.  But, like the word implies, Retro is a time to go back and rethink, revise, and reinvent.  Basically, it is the time to sloooooow dooooown.  Often, we have no choice in the matter.  At least that is my perspective.  I can't tell you how many times during the Retrograde Haze that I have been sick, or I am awaiting supplies that get lost in limbo land somewhere, my printer runs out of ink at the worst possible moment, or I just can't think of what I want to do next.  Fun times.  Just a few more weeks folks....hang tight.

So, I started a new me regime.  I began a primarily vegetarian diet.  That means, so meat during the week.  I still have the barbecue on the weekend, but I think I may be giving that up as well.  I really don't care for meat in general.  I stopped drinking red wine during the week.  Although, technically, that is not bad for you.  But, being 42, the extra calories were going to my ass, and I hated falling asleep at 8 pm at night.  I also started yoga.  I did it years ago and don't know why I ever gave it up.  Boy am I out of shape.  But, in the short time I've been at it, I do see improvement.  I can now touch my toes.  I've been trying to meditate more, and reading a slew of books on connecting with my soul.  I just finished a book by Penney Pierce called Frequency.  I highly recommend it.  In fact, I wish everyone on the planet would read this book.   Speaking of yoga, I came across this adorable video about yoga and wine....very funny.  It is by Harold's Planet.  Def worth the watch!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxPuyrfHA3o&feature=player_embedded


Cats...I think my cat has a demon inside it.  Seriously!  Every night, around mid-night he becomes possessed.  He begins running around the house, jumps on and off the bed, and makes a general nuisance of himself.  I am a sleeper.  In the 16 years I have been married, my husband knows not to disturb my sleep.  Joxer (my cat) has not learned this lesson.  He's been with us for 8 years and should really know better.  So, each night, Joxer and I do battle.  He starts his thing and I grab the water bottle.  I chase after him, squirting and swearing like a mad woman, while he runs behind furniture, and hops gates to get away from me.  Eventually he ends up in the basement.  I have to lock the door and block it with a gate to prevent him from breaking the door down.  Believe me, he's done it before.  Last night, I decided to put him in the basement before heading off to bed.  I felt bad, but mama needs her sleep.  Perhaps a few nights of this will teach him a lesson.


And, on one last note...Snakes.  Yesterday, was St. Patrick's Day.  The legend goes, St. Patrick drove the snakes from Ireland.  Well, I found one in my basement yesterday.  It was a garden snake.  No biggie, but I would like to know how he got in my house.  Perhaps he was taking cover during the Retrograde Haze.

Sorry, no art this week.  Mercury and all....

General disclaimer...
(I do not own the rights to any of the images listed, and I'm not sure who they belong to as they came from a search).

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading your blog, I particularly loved the part about your cat

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed it, Rachel. I hope to write more about day to day to life and thoughts :).

      Delete