Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Let's start over

I started this blog back in 09 as a way of showcasing my art and expressing my thoughts and opinions on various subject near and dear to me. Needless to say I didn't keep up with it nearly as much as I had planned. Well, let's start over shall we...For those of you who don't know me, I am a fantasy artist. I work in several mediums, sculpting, drawing, digital art, painting, jewelry design and altered doll art. My art is mythical, elemental, fairy tale oriented or whimsical in nature...sometimes all of these things. When I first began in 2004, I primarily worked with polymer clay. When I found myself lost in a sea of fairies, I decided to change things up a bit and began sculpting mushroom characters based on actual specimens found in nature. Thus began the Enchanted Mushroom of Faerie Series. I still sculpt shrooms to this day, though not quite as often. In 2009 I began to draw and have never looked back. Drawing, and painting have become an obsession. Most of my drawings center around fairy tale characters and common motifs, as I find real life often mirrors many of the lessons within the fairy tale. So, that being said, below are some of my most recent Fairy Tale art.




I am also in the process of working on two new Fairy Tale images. The first is is a motif themed image called Vanity and the second is another Little Red Riding Hood image called Needles or Pins?. Both are in the process of being painted, and Vanity is part of a much larger image not depicted here. I will show her off when she is completed.



In the meantime, the holidays are upon us and I have been busy illustrating some fun characters. I plan several of these, not just holiday themed. Here's hoping I can get these licensed as ornaments. Currently they are available as cards in my zazzle store, and soon as paper doll style ornaments.



And, speaking of paper dolls...I already have one in the works. Actually, there are several in the works. I've loved paper dolls for as long as I can remember and have several hanging around the studio. I am working on a Papier Theatre of dolls, which will include some interesting characters. Each will be articulated, embellished with various elements, stamped and signed. Collectors items if you will. Below is one I am currently working on. Her name is Victoria.

That is all for now. I know blogs should be short and sweet and this is a bit overdone I am sure. I will be adding more images as I go along, and hopefully more thoughts as 2012 rolls around. You can find me on FB under Inner Fae Creations and my website at http://www.innerfaecreations.com

~Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment