Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year


Happy New Year everyone!!! I'm very excited about 2012.  I think this going to be a magical year for us all.  I feel it deep in my gut and I always go with my gut.  I'm not a believer in the dooms day theories, which have been circulating for a number of years.  Personally, I think it is a bunch of BS and a way for people to make money off of fear.  Screw that!  Yes, our planet is changing, and yes we are changing...waking up.  But, I pretty darned sure we will make it past 12/21.  As my mama always said, "You could walk out in the street and get hit by a bus tomorrow."  So, don't sweat it.  Off my soap box.  Now, what is on my agenda this year?  I've been refocusing and doing some introspection.  We Libra's have a knack for that kind of thing.  I've been setting some short-term and long-term goals.  I've created a wish list of sorts, and hope everything comes to fruition.  Yep, there are some pretty big wishes on this list, but anything is possible if you believe.  And, as always, I am thinking about my art and what I want to do next.  I'm always trying to find myself, and I think I may be on track this year...let's hope.  I'm stepping away from the world of clay for a bit and working a lot with paper.  There are many reasons for this, which I might go into detail about later, but for now I've become rather fascinated with papier mache art and sculpture.  I've got some interesting things in the works coming soon.  I'm also delving deeper into my passion for circus/carousel themed images.  I think you will see more of this in sculpture, but also in 2D imagery.  I've also just purchased a set of artist inks and nibs.  Should be interesting to see what comes out of this.  I've always wanted to get into pen and ink, so I'm very excited about the prospect of where this could lead.  I plan to continue my Fairy tale themed art images and motifs, as well as some new Enchanted Mushrooms.  Keep an eye out for those.  New jewelry designs are in the works, but I am thinking of more eclectic pieces, that are a bit other worldly.  Not sure how much traveling and shows I will be doing this year.  I think that may once again take a back seat until the economy improves.  Like last year, I plan to focus a good bit of my energy on improving my skills and exploring my imagination.  This is our year!  Let's make MAGIC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment